Sunday, August 3, 2014
Change of seasons
I have said that the seasons here, are Wet, Hot, Cold and Hungry. The Wet season will start with it is hot and end when it starts to get cold.
One night last week the wind started blowing and it was so loud and fierce it woke me up. I looked out to see the grasses blowing sideways. I was afraid my roof would come off. But my morning it had stopped. But I also noticed that the temperature at gone up a lot. It's been in the lower 50s at night and lower 70s during the day. But now it felt much hotter.
I went to get fire at my family's and my BaTata asked if I heard the wind. I told him I had. He said that was the change of the season. That we were now in the hot season. It has been highs in the upper 80s and lows in the upper 60s. He said a wind will always mark the change of the seasons.
I'm thinking the wind brings change like in the movies Mary Poppins or Chocolat. Can't wait till the next change sometime in Feb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment