Last Week of Training
So we are coming down to the wire. It's very busy as we work on getting ready for our testing. I'm doing really well with language and am more worried about my bike test. I am not very mechanical, but I guess there is only one way to take off a tire. Just hope I can put it back on!
We are also planning for our Swearing In Day. If we all pass our tests it will be on April 26th. I had a dress made, it is very pretty and my BaMama had to make sure it was long enough, it's about mid calf, which is good.
We are planning the meal for that day too. Our Zambian trainers got very tickled at our choice of foods. We decided on lots of different kinds of cookies, hot dogs, mac 'n cheese, but they really cracked up when we said tacos and sushi. That is when we found out that in Bemba, tacos means ass hole and sushi means farts! We don't care, we are having them anyway we tell our trainers as they are rolling on the floor.
Mail has been coming more regularly now, but I still have not gotten any of the packages I know have been sent to me, I hope to get them soon.
I will have pics from our Swearing In in a couple of weeks. Here is my dress

No comments:
Post a Comment